Vision Termite & Pest Control provides inspections and bed bug control in North Hollywood and the Burbank area. Our technicians perform canine bed bug inspections and heat treatments for homes, multifamily apartments, condominiums, student housing, medical centers, theaters, retail centers, and any other places people visit. We are California Structural Pest Control Technician Certified and equipped to solve even the most challenging infestations.
Accurate Detection & Bed Bug Control
Bed bugs can spread as people travel, commute, shop, or engage in other common activities. Whether you are concerned about your home or the reputation of your business, accurate detection and early treatment are essential for effective bed bug control in North Hollywood. Dogs are more reliable than visual detection for bedbugs, since they are so challenging to locate.
Our canine bed bug inspections A.R.E.:
- Accuracy – Our dogs are trained and skilled at finding bed bugs in hard to reach places. When the dog alerts, the technicians verify the presence of bed bugs for the most accurate and thorough inspections.
- Reporting – Maintaining inspection records shows that your facility acts proactively to a known risk and can be a priceless resource if challenged with litigation. Clear, concise reporting provides an effective inspection grid with an overview of your property for easy reference. Live verifications are photo documented for individual filing.
- Education – Your technician can educate you about all aspects of battling and preventing bed bugs. You will be provided with practical and accurate information to help manage these pests in less time.
What Causes Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are typically caused by old furniture. This can be your bed, living room couch, or chairs. Bed bugs are hide to identify with the naked eye, but cause lead to getting sick more easily and even bed bug bites.
Do Bed Bug Bug Bites Itch?
In most cases, bed bug bites will itch. Bed bug bites are usually followed by light swelling, rashes, or inflammation in the area. Over-the-counter medicines are usually good treatments that help reduce the itch, but the best thing a person can do is have regular cleaning and bed bug control services to prevent any bites from bed bugs.
Why Are Bed Bugs So Difficult to Get Rid Of?
The main reason for the massive resurgence of bed bugs is the pests became resistant to the chemical pesticides that were once used to kill them. Today, there are chemical treatments that are available for bed bug control but heat treatment provides a more effective method for bed bug control. Heat treatment has become the preferred treatment method for its ability to destroy their eggs, as well as the bed bugs.
Heat treatment involves using patented heaters to increase the temperature of the home. The first step is to seal the house and then the temperature is increased to 150 degrees, which is enough to kill the bugs and their eggs but won’t harm your property. The heat is able to penetrate inside small crevices, behind walls, and in all the little out-of-reach places where bed bugs tend to hide and lay their eggs. In addition to being highly effective, this method is non-toxic and completely safe.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Getting rid of bed bugs can be a challenging and thorough process. It often requires a combination of cleaning, treatment, and preventive measures. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you eliminate bed bugs from your home:
- Identify Infested Areas: Check likely hiding spots, such as crevices and seams.
- Declutter and Vacuum: Reduce hiding spots and vacuum thoroughly.
- Wash Bedding: Wash in hot water and dry on high heat.
- Use Encasements: Encase the mattress and pillows in the bed with bug-proof covers.
- Treat Cracks: Apply residual spray or dust to hiding spots.
- Heat Treatment: Use a steam cleaner on infested areas.
- Freeze Items: Freeze non-washable items for several days.
- Consult Professionals: Consider hiring experienced pest control.
- Prevent Reinfestation: Clean regularly, seal cracks, and be cautious when traveling.
- Be Patient: Persistence is key; repeat treatments if needed.
Prevent a Bed Bug Re-Infestation
Once you've successfully eradicated bed bugs from your home, it's important to take preventative measures to avoid a re-infestation. Bed bugs can easily hitch a ride on clothing, luggage, or other personal items, so it's important to remain vigilant and take necessary precautions to avoid bringing bed bugs back into your home.
Here are some tips to prevent a bed bug re-infestation:
- When traveling, inspect hotel rooms for signs of bed bugs before unpacking. Look for blood stains on sheets, mattress seams, and any cracks or crevices in the room.
- When returning from a trip, immediately wash all clothing and bedding in hot water and dry on high heat.
- Regularly vacuum your home, paying special attention to the areas around your bed and any cracks or crevices where bed bugs could hide.
- Use mattress and box spring encasements designed specifically for bed bugs to prevent them from infesting your bed.
- Declutter your home as much as possible as bed bugs can hide in clutter.
By following these preventative measures, you can significantly reduce the risk of a bed bug re-infestation and enjoy a peaceful night's sleep once again.
Call to Schedule a Bed Bug Inspection
At Vision Termite & Pest Control, we provide North Hollywood bed bug control that is completely customized to the requirements of each property. Our technicians can provide scheduled monitoring service, which allows our dogs to detect the presence of bed bugs before your clients find them. Early detection is important to avoid widespread infestation.
If you need bed bug control or want to learn more about scheduled monitoring for your property, please contact us at (818) 714-7741.
Let me Start off by saying excellent job, guys!!!
"Vision I have to give u guys 10/10 and this is my honest opinion. We have been With your company for several years and to this day we have probably seen three silverfish inside our home and Four spiders In the garage."- Dennis L.