Termites can be silently causing damage long before you notice a problem. Take a proactive approach with a professional termite inspection and effective termite treatments. Vision Termite & Pest Control provides termite inspection and treatment in North Hollywood and Burbank. We conduct a careful inspection to confirm the presence of termites, identify the type of termites that have invaded your property, and apply the most effective treatment to solve your problem.
If you suspect termites, call (818) 714-7741 or contact us onlineto schedule a termite inspection.
Finding & Eliminating Wood Destroying Termites
Termites cause significant damage to homes and commercial properties in California and throughout the United States. These destructive pests feed on wood and may cause severe structural damage, if not discovered. There are three main types of termites in our area of the country: dampwood termites, drywood termites, and subterranean termites. Identifying the type of termite is important for effective treatment.
As their name suggests, dampwood termites live in damp wood and are generally found in fallen trees. Drywood and subterranean termites are the types that are most often found inside homes and commercial buildings. Most people with drywood termites are often alerted to the problem when they see dead swarmers.
Drywood termite swarmers are dark brown with black wings. Finding a large number of swarmers can indicate a significant infestation. Inside homes, they are often found in light fixtures, on windowsills, in kitchens, and bathrooms. Don’t wait to call for a termite inspection and treatment in North Hollywood if you have noticed signs of drywood termites.
- Are the most destructive pest in the United States
- Must maintain contact with the ground
- Travel up from the ground in mud tubes
- Live in extremely large colonies
Types of Termite Treatments
The thought that wood destroying insects can be silently destroying the structural integrity of your home is startling. You can avoid substantial damage to your property with a professional inspection and effective termite treatment.
Termite treatment may include:
- Fumigation – Fumigation with effective products is an important step in completely eliminating a termite infestation.
- Subterranean termite treatment – A trench is made around the foundation and concrete is drilled, when necessary, to apply Termidor SC liquid termiticide. When termites are inside wall voids, a foam treatment is used to completely eradicate the pests.
- Orange Oil XT 2000 – Derived from a natural oil found in orange rinds, Orange Oil Plus is safe and effective for easily accessible treatment areas. The oil can be injected into termite galleries to kill the pests and their eggs, either on contact or when they eat wood that has been treated with the oil. When termites are not accessible, a foam or fumigation treatment may be required.
- Termite damage repair – After treatment to kill the termites that have infested your property, it is important to have the wood damage repaired. This should include properly replacing the wood and pretreating lumber prior to painting to prevent future infestation.
Due to the potential for extensive structural damage, it is best to take a proactive approach to protect your home or commercial property from wood destroying termites.
Call for a Thorough Termite Inspection
If you have seen signs of drywood or subterranean termites or just want peace of mind, our technicians provide reliable termite inspection and treatment in North Hollywood. We will identify the termites, locate their colonies, and recommend the most effective treatment to thoroughly eliminate the threat and prevent further damage to your property.
Call Vision Termite & Pest Control at (818) 714-7741 for more information about our termite inspection and treatment services.
Let me Start off by saying excellent job, guys!!!
"Vision I have to give u guys 10/10 and this is my honest opinion. We have been With your company for several years and to this day we have probably seen three silverfish inside our home and Four spiders In the garage."- Dennis L.